Robert A. "Rob" Sassi is a candidate for re-election as Pennsylvania State Constable
As a lifelong resident of the Plymouth-Whitemarsh-Conshohocken area, law-enforcement officer, educator and businessperson, I am deeply committed to protecting our community and helping it flourish as a safe, vibrant place to live and work.
As a Pennsylvania State Constable for this area since 2010, I have carried out the duties of my office – enforcing election security, serving legal processes, overseeing sheriff’s sales and more – honorably and equitably. I have gained a deep and practical understanding of legal processes and procedures.
At the same time, my work as an educator of children with autism has reinforced for me the value of a low-key approach in enforcing the law and in any endeavor. Maintaining a calm, professional demeanor and treating people with respect and empathy goes a long way toward creating a successful outcome for everyone.
I bring that same empathetic, equitable attitude to my work as a member of the Montgomery County Domestic Violence Legal Network, helping to provide protection services for victims of domestic violence while securing their rights to joint property.
I am also independent real-estate and mortgage professional, having earned my real estate license two months after high-school graduation. I have more than 25 years of experience in both real estate sales and financing. I was the 18th person in Pennsylvania granted the prestigious Certified Mortgage Banker designation.
My extensive commercial experience has given me a unique understanding and appreciation of the needs and perspectives of businesses – especially those in our community.
I am a devoted father to my 18-year-old daughter, Charity, and a strong advocate for equality.
It is a Pennsylvania privilege and an honor to serve you and our community as a law-enforcement officer, educator and businessperson. Upon re-election, as now, I will keep your interests foremost in all my official actions.
- 10-year tenure as Pennsylvania State Constable
- Autism Support Educator, School District of Philadelphia
- Member, Montgomery County Domestic Violence Legal Network
- Prior member, Plymouth Township Zoning Hearing Board and Norristown Borough Planning Commission
- Proprietor, Sassi Real Estate, Lafayette Hill
- M. Ed. candidate, Social Studies/Special Education, Chestnut Hill College (graduating May 2021)
- B.S., Criminal Justice, Chestnut Hill College
- A.A., General Studies, Montgomery County Community College
- Volunteer youth sports coach and school-dramatics supporter for my daughter’s school